Welcome to the Bitcoin Bankathon!
Digital currencies are becoming increasingly embedded in the mainstream financial system. Not just consumers, but companies, investors, and countries are acknowledging and incorporating cryptocurrencies into their everyday transactions.
The Bitcoin Bankathon challenges teams of coders, designers, and problem-solvers to build bitcoin-enabled banking applications that can unlock access to improved financial services for the people of El Salvador.
Enter as an individual (we’ll help you team up) or assemble a team, build your prototype and pitch your idea!
Over the course of 3 weeks – starting virtually on November 19th and ending both online and on-site in El Salvador on December 8th – you'll face any of the following 5 challenges:
1. Build the next Neobank: What could a more inclusive Bitcoin-enabled neobank for El Salvador look like in 2022?
2. Redesign remittances: How can bitcoin remittances improve the lives of those who rely on money from abroad?
3. Battle Climate Change: How can banks and crypto companies unite the citizens of El Salvador to tackle climate change?
4. Empower Women: How can Bitcoin and open banking data support women's economic empowerment?
5. Empower Merchants: How can we empower merchants using open banking data and smart contracts?
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org