Designed for lawyers and executives without a technical background, this is an intensive deep dive to help you understand blockchain technology and how it will interact with legal and financial systems.
- Demystify the technology to understand its possibilities and limitations<
- Unlock a deeper knowledge of blockchain and distributed ledger systems in a business environment
- Acquire an understanding of the key technical, legal and regulatory considerations in applying blockchain to a business opportunity
- Discover the regulatory evolution of cryptocurrencies and its implication for anonymity, and what blockchain means for the future
- Practical guidance to learn how to build a smart legal contract.
The rapid growth and implementation of blockchain technologies has already begun to disrupt and revolutionize the financial system and other industries. Change can present challenges and it can also provide opportunities. The key to unlocking opportunities lies in determining how the legal system can best foster the development of this new business sector by truly understanding the nature of blockchain transactions, the implications of differences in business models, and an appropriate approach to address the numerous legal issues arising from this paradigm shift.
As with many new technology services offerings, there are vital risk-based issues that need to be carefully considered before businesses, particularly heavily-regulated ones, can start to fully realize the full potential of distributed ledger technologies.
Designed for lawyers and executives without a technical background, over the course of this comprehensive, focused and practical program, you will explore the potential of the blockchain industry, as well as the effect of the technology on other industries, to enhance your understanding of blockchain and to arm you with the knowledge and insights you need to incorporate blockchain into your practice and/or business strategy.
In two intensive module, this one-of-a-kind, focused and practical program has been developed with a sophisticated audience in mind and is presented by a faculty comprised of legal thought leaders to address key elements, including:
- Understanding blockchains and distributed ledger ecosystems
- Cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings and characterizing blockchain tokens
- Smart contracts and decentralized applications
- Competently advising through blockchain innovation
- Analyzing the nature of blockchain transactions and differences in business models
- Transforming enterprise business models
PLUS! All participants will receive access to three new Online Primers and a PDF copy of A Practical Guide to Smart Contracts & Blockchain Law, by Aaron Grinhaus (LexisNexis: 2019).
Could not find route!
325 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 2Y1
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org